Obviously, the best way to know what is in the Koran is to actually read it. Since many Christians have not even read the complete Bible, I don’t expect many people to read the Koran. From my interaction with Muslims on Facebook, I conclude that even many Muslims have not read the Koran, but get their information from friends, relatives, religious teachers and leaders who teach them illogical talking points. However, there are also fundamental Muslims who have memorized, supposedly word for word, the whole Koran. Regardless, they all are taught many talking points against the Bible. Sadly, Muslims know more incorrect information about the Bible than many Christians know correct information. For that reason, I suggest nobody debate a Muslim unless they know both the Bible and the Koran, or one cannot answer Muslim accusations properly.
Regarding witnessing to Muslims, I always say one cannot fill a glass with anything unless he first empties what is already in the glass. In other words, one cannot get a Muslim to believe the Bible and accept Christ unless he first empties the Muslim of the Koran and Muhammad. In order to do this, it is imperative that one must first know the Koran.
Many think the Koran is about twice the size of the Bible, when in fact it is slightly smaller than the New Testament. The Koran references the Bible, but claims it is an addition to God’s word, and anything that contradicts the Koran is untrue. The Koran only acknowledges the Torah, the Gospels, and the Psalms, but the Koran trumps any verses in these books. Allah is not Jehovah. Isa is not the Jesus of the Bible. The Koran is the polar opposite of the Bible.
Muhammad was illiterate and never read the Bible. He pretended to know about the Bible by revelation, but actually leaned about the Bible by hearsay. It is for this reason; the Koran states the Bible is corrupt. Muhammad states the correct Torah (Tawrat) was replaced with a corrupted Torah, and a correct Gospel (Injil) was replaced with the 4 Gospels. Naturally, no evidence of either book exists, and the Koran says Allah made his correct words go away. Does that make any sense, considering the Koran states no words of Allah can ever be changed?
The Koran reads totally different than the Bible. When I quote the Koran, and Christians say, “you are taking thigs out of context,” I know they have not read the Koran. This is because the Koran has no in-depth stories like the Bible, and very little specific context. Neither does it have many metaphors, analogies, and parables that need interpretation. The Koran is mostly a hodge-podge of rules and regulations. There is no timeline given in the Koran, and chapters are organized by size. There is no New Testament or Old Testament. Since the illiterate Muhammad could not write everything down and review it, he said the whole book must be abrogated. In other words, the Koran states if something is contradictory, believe the newest verse, and discard the other one. This is undoubtedly, a blanket statement to cover up errors. Realize, the Bible covers about 4,000 Years, so God constantly guided Israel though it’s many changes. By contrast, the Koran is written over only 22 years. The Koran is divided into chapters, called a Surah, and verses, called an Ayah. The titles of the Surahs make no sense. For example, chapter 2, The Cow, has nothing to do with cattle, Chapter 4 is called “Women,” yet has little do with women, but mainly discusses other subjects, such as unbelievers, fighting for Allah, and how Christ did not die on the cross.
Some of the theological differences between the Bible and the Koran are as follows:
1. Ishmael, not Isaac, was put on the altar by Abraham. Consequently, the Koran implies God’s promise and covenant was with Ismael.
2. The Koran states God is above speaking to humans directly. That is why Gabriel supposedly spoke to Muhammad rather than Allah.
3. The Koran states Christians believe Mary is one of three Gods in the Trinity. Amazingly, the Koran states Mary ordered food down from heaven.
4. Jesus is said to have spoken from the cradle and made doves out of clay.
5. The Koran has several passages that state Jesus is not the Son of God and he never arose from the dead. Therefore, Jesus is only considered a prophet.
6. The Koran states all humans are Muslims. By contradiction, one verse states Abraham was the first Muslim, and another says Muhammad was the first.
7. The Koran states there are 7 levels for both hell and heaven.
8. The Koran calls Christian and Jews “Polytheists.”
9. Allah is portrayed as a strict judge and referring to Allah as a father is blasphemy.
10. The Koran shows Islam as a religion of works, not faith.
11. Salvation is obtained by a scale of works. If good works outweigh bad works, one is saved. The Koran specifically states there is no such thing as a deathbed conversion. Only martyrdom can save a lifetime sinner!
12. Women are treated like property and considered as little as ¼ a man in court and ½ a man for inheritance.
13. Finally, there are also teachings of faith by force, and world-wide theocracy.
This is just a sampling of theology. The best way for me to relay the teachings of the Koran is to share some of it’s verses (Ayahs). Verses are from the M. H. Shakir translation unless noted otherwise. I have put some words in brackets and explanations in parenthesis for clarification. Those who think they are taken out of context, are invited to read the Koran for themselves. There are primarily only two general contexts in the Koran – believers and unbelievers (infidels). One could say another contrast is war and peace, but the Koran very seldom mentions that a rule applies to only one context. That is why terrorists identify no difference between war and peace when they behead their enemy.
THE REAL KORAN IS SUPPOSEDLY IN ARABIC.
1. Surah 39:28..... (Sahih International): [It is] an Arabic Qur'an, without any deviance that they might become righteous.
2. Surah 13:37.... (Sahih International): And thus We have revealed it as an Arabic legislation. And if you should follow their inclinations after what has come to you of knowledge, you would not have against Allah any ally or any protector.
3. Surah 12:2..... Sahih International: Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand
• There is a disclaimer in the front of all translated Korans that they are only an explanation of the Koran. However, only 15% of all Muslims can read Arabic.
THE KORAN SHOULD NOT BE WRITTEN, AND NO MESSENGERS WERE SENT.
1. Surah 34:44.... “But We had not given them Books which they could study, nor sent messengers to them before thee as Warners”
• What about Tawrat and Injil as books to be studied?”
• What about Moses, Abraham, and other prophets as “messengers or Warners?”
2. Surah 2:136..... Sahih International: Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."
• So they all are messengers and warners?
• They were all Muslims.
3. Surah 3:144.... “And Muhammad is no more than a messenger;”
ALLAH’S WORDS ARE CORRECT AND CANNOT BE CHANGED?
1. Surah 4:82. Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.
2. Surah 6:114-115..... Shall I then seek a judge other than Allah? And He it is Who has revealed to you the Book [Koran] [which is] made plain; and those whom We have given the Book know that it is revealed by your Lord with truth, therefore you should not be of the disputers. And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
3. Surah 18:27...... And recite what has been revealed to you of the Book [Koran] of your Lord, there is none who can alter His words; and you shall not find any refuge besides Him.
4. Surah 2:78...... Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore, woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn. (An excuse for being illiterate. Nevertheless, the Koran is written and sold today.)
5. Surah 5:16-17...... O followers of the Book [Bible]! indeed Our Messenger has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book [Tawrat and injil] and passing over much [in the corrupted Bible]; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book [Koran] from Allah.
6. Surah 29:46. And do not dispute with the followers of the Book [Bible] except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say [to them], We believe in that which has been revealed to us [Koran]and revealed to you [Tawrat and Injil], and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit. (Only parts of the Bible that do not contradict the Koran)
7. Surah 5:16-17...... O followers of the Book [Bible]! indeed Our Messenger has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book [Koran] from Allah.
8. Surah 34:44.... “But We had not given them Books which they could study, nor sent messengers [prophets] to them before thee as Warners”
• What about the Book [Tawrat and Injil] mentioned in many verses?
• What about the Koran, written for study only a few years after Muhammad’s death.
9. Surah 3:48-49...... And He [Allah] will teach him [Jesus] the Book [Koran] and the wisdom and the Tavrat [true Torah] and the Injeel [true Gospel}. Say: The truth [Koran] has come, and the falsehood [corrupted Torah and Gospels] shall vanish and shall not come back.
10. Surah 53:19-22, The Satanic Verses...... Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat [3 Godesses of Mecca], the third, the other? These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries) Whose intercession is to be hoped for.
• Muhammad wrote Allah’s words, and later changed them when he received criticism as a polytheist. He said the devil made him change Allah’s words. In other words, the Satanic Verses were replaced with verses 21 and 22 as the correct words of Allah: “Are yours the males and His the females? That indeed is an unfair division!
11. Surah 29:46...... And do not dispute with the followers of the Book [Tawrat and Injil] except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say [to them], We believe in that which has been revealed to us [Koran]and revealed to you [Bible], and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit. (Only parts of the Bible that do not contradict the Koran)
12. Surah 4:47...... O you who have been given the Book [Tawrat and Injil] believe that which We have revealed, verifying what you have [Tawrat and Injil], before We alter faces then turn them on their backs, or curse them as We cursed the violators of the Sabbath, and the command of Allah shall be executed.
13. Sura 3.3...... He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it [Tawrat and Injil]. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel.
• According to the Koran, Jesus taught from the Tawrat, not the corrupted Torah. However, ancient manuscripts from BC show there was only the Torah and no Tawrat.
• In actuality, the Tavrat, AKA Tawrat, and Injeel, AKA Injil, have disappeared, and the existing Bible, which Muhammad called false did not vanish.
CONTRADICTIONS IN THE KORAN
1. Who was the First Muslim – Adam, Noah, Abraham, Imran, or Muhammad?
a. Surah 3:67...... Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian, but he was [an] upright [man], a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
b. Surah 3:33 (Sahih International) ..... Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran [name not in Bible] over the worlds –
c. Surah 2:53 (Sahih International)..... And [recall] when We gave Moses the Scripture [Tawrat] and criterion that perhaps you would be guided.
d. Surah 6:14...... Say: I am commanded to be the first who submits himself, and you should not be of the polytheists.
e. Surah 6:163...... No associate has He; and this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who submit.
2. Can the Old Testament be corrupted?
a. Surah 5:16-17, 6:114-115...... Allah wrote the Koran to correct the corruption of the original Bible given to Moses.
b. Surah 6:715..... And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
3. Did Pharaoh drown or not?
a. Surah 10:92...... “But we will this day deliver you with your body that you may be a sign to those after you ….”
b. Surah 17:102-103....... He said: Truly you know that none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth has sent down these as clear proof and most surely, I believe you, O Firon, to be given over to perdition. So, he desired to destroy them out of the earth, but We drowned him and those with him all together.
4. Many additional contradictions:
ABROGATION IN THE KORAN
1. Surah 1:106...... Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?
2. Surah 68:32...... (Sahih International) .......... Perhaps our Lord will substitute for us [one] better than it. Indeed, we are toward our Lord desirous."
3. Surah 16:101...... (Sahih International) ......And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is most knowing of what He sends down - they say, "You, [O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies] [because of contradictions]." But most of them do not know
• Unlike the Bible, there is no New or Old Testament. There is no instruction in the Koran indicating which verse should be ignored and which one replaces it.
• Abrogation is a catch-all for errors and flip flapping.
• Muhammad wrote the Koran in 23 just years, so it is not like the Bible which covers almost 2,000 years of human development.
QUOTES FROM THE KORAN REGARDING THEOLOGY
1. Surah 3:3-4...... 4. Surely they who disbelieve in the communications of Allah they shall have a severe chastisement; and Allah is Mighty, the Lord of retribution.
2. Surah 42:51-52...... And it is not for any mortal that Allah should speak to them, they could not bear to hear, and they did not see. 52. And thus, did We reveal to you an inspired book by Our command. You did not know what the Book was, nor [what] the faith [was], but We made it a light, guiding thereby whom We please of Our servants; and most surely you show the way to the right path:
• This verse clearly states Allah speaks to no human.
3. Surah 22:67.....“To every People have We appointed rites and ceremonies which they must follow: let them not then dispute with thee on the matter, but do thou invite (them) to thy Lord: for thou art assuredly on the Right Way”
4. Surah 39:61.... 61. And Allah shall deliver those who guard [against evil] with their achievement; evil shall not touch them, nor shall they grieve.
• Salvation based on achievement
5. Surah 5:7...... O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles; and if you are under an obligation to perform a total ablution, then wash [yourselves] and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy, or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth and wipe your faces and your hands therewith, Allah does not desire to put on you any difficulty, but He wishes to purify you and that He may complete His favor on you, so that you may be grateful.
• Salvation by works of physical purification.
6. Surah 2:113...... And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything [good] and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything [good] while they recite the same] Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ.
7. Surah 5:3...... O you who believe! do not violate the signs appointed by Allah nor the sacred month, nor [interfere with] the offerings, nor the sacrificial animals with garlands, nor those going to the sacred house seeking the grace and pleasure of their Lord; and when you are free from the obligations of the pilgrimage, then hunt, and let not hatred of a people-- because they hindered you from the Sacred Masjid-- incite you to exceed the limits, and help one another in goodness and piety, and do not help one another in sin and aggression; and be careful of [your duty to] Allah; surely Allah is severe in requiting [evil].
• Mandates for animal sacrifice, sacred month observance, and pilgrimage
QUOTES FROM THE KORAN REGARDING JESUS
1. Surah 61:6...... When Jesus, son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, I am God's messenger to you, authenticating what is present with me of the Torah and bringing good news of a messenger to come after me whose name will be ‘most acclaimed.'" But when he showed them the clear proofs, they said, ‘This is clearly magic.'*
2. Surah 61:6...... Sahih International: And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidence, they said, "This is obvious magic."
• Ahmad is a variation of Muhammad. In other words, Muhammad wrote a retroactive prophesy about himself, since he is not mentioned in the Bible. (You can’t make these things up.)
3. Surah 5:75...... “The Messiah, son of Marium is but an apostle.....”
4. Surah 112:3...... “ He [Allah] begets not, nor is He begotten.”
5. Surah 23:91...... “Never did Allah take to himself a son.....”
6. Surah 3:45...... Sahih International: [And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah].
• This is an excellent verse to use to show even Muhammad revered Jesus.
7. Surah 3:47...... She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son [born] to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is. But when Isa perceived unbelief on their part, he said Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers [in the way] of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones.
• This is a good verse to use to show even Muhammad admitted Jesus did not have a human father.
8. Surah 3:48-49...... And He [Allah] will teach him [Jesus] the Book and the wisdom and the Tavrat [Torah] and the Injeel [Gospel]. Say: The truth [Koran] has come, and the falsehood [Bible before Muhammad] shall vanish and shall not come back.
• (In actuality, the Tavrat, AKA Tawrat, and Injeel, AKA Injil, have disappeared, and the existing Bible Muhammad called false did not vanish.)
9. Surah 3:59. Surely the likeness of Isa [Jesus] is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was.
10. Surah 4:157...... And their saying: Surely, we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so [like Isa] and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
QUOTES REGARDING THE TRINITY DOCTRINE AND GOD’S CHILDREN
1. Surah 9:30,,,,, 30. And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!
2. Surah: 5:116....... "And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides?"
• Muhammad thought Mary was one of the Trinity
3. Surah 4:171...... O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak [lies] against Allah, but [speak] the truth; the Messiah, Isa, son of Marium is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
4. Surah 5:20...... And the Jews and the Christians say: We are the sons of Allah and His beloved ones. Say: Why does He then chastise you for your faults? Nay, you are mortals from among those whom He has created, He forgives whom He pleases and chastises whom He pleases; and Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, and to Him is the eventual coming.
5. Surah 6:106. Follow what is revealed to you from your Lord; there is no god but He; and withdraw from the polytheists
6. Surah 2:135... And they say: Be Jews or Christians, you will be on the right course. “Say: Nay! [we follow] the religion of Ibrahim, the Hanif, and he was not one of the polytheists.”
7. Surah 3:67....... Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian, but he was [an] upright [man], a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
8. Surah 5:73...... (M.A.S. Abdel Haleem) - Those people who say that God is the third of three are defying [the truth]: there is only One God.
9. Surah 4:171 (M.A.S. Abdel Haleem)..... “do not speak of a ‘Trinity’–– stop [this], that is better for you –– God is only one God, He is far above having a son”
SHOULD MUSLIMS TAKE CHRISTIANS FOR FRIENDS – CONDITIONS OR NO CONDITIONS?
1. Surah 3:32…... Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger; but if they turn back [from Islam], then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
2. Surah 2:132….. And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and [so did] Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you [this] faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims.
3. Surah 3:28…... Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of [the guardianship of] Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of [retribution from] Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
4. Surah 4:89...... They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be [all] alike; therefore, take not from among them friends until they fly [their homes] in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
5. Surah 4:144...... O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?
6. Surah 60:9...... (Sahih International)..... Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.
7. Surah 5:54…... O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.
8. Surah 5:63…… Say: Shall I inform you of [him who is] worse than this in retribution from Allah? [Worse is he] whom Allah has cursed and brought His wrath upon, and of whom He made apes and swine, and he who served the Shaitan; these are worse in place and more erring from the straight path.
9. Surah 60:13...... O you who believe! do not make friends with a people with whom Allah is wroth; indeed they despair of the hereafter as the unbelievers despair of those in tombs.
REGARDING VIOLENCE AGAINST UNBELIEVERS
1. Surah 47:4 ......4. So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make [them] prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom [themselves] until the war terminates. That [shall be so]; and if Allah had pleased, he would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and [as for] those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.
• How can you take an unbeliever prisoner after one has slit the unbeliever’s throat?
2. Surah 9:12...... And if they break their oaths after their agreement and [openly] revile your religion, then fight the leaders of unbelief-- surely their oaths are nothing-- so that they may desist. (This verse alone shows war is based on unbelief, not on defense!)
3. Surah 8:12 – 13…... When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore, strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them. 13. This is because they acted adversely to Allah and His Messenger; and whoever acts adversely to Allah and His Messenger-- then surely Allah is severe in requiting [evil].
4. Surah 69: 43-46...... It is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds. And if he [an unbeliever] had fabricated against Us some of the sayings, We would certainly have seized him by the right hand, Then We would certainly have cut off his aorta.
5. Surah 4:93…... And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement. (Why specify a “believer”? Is it OK to intentionally kill an infidel?)
6. Surah 47: 4..... So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make [them] prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom [themselves] until the war (How can people who have their necks slashed “then” be taken prisoners?)
7. Surah 2:216...... Fighting is enjoined on you, and it is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.
8. Surah 2:191…... And kill them wherever you find them [infidels], and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
9. Surah 193. And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors. (Surrender is only one requirement; being Muslim is the second requirement for peace.)
10. Surah 9:5-6.... So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. 6. And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know.
11. Surah 9:111.... Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah's way, so they slay and are slain; a promise which is binding on Him in the Taurat and the Injeel and the Quran; and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? Rejoice therefore in the pledge which you have made; and that is the mighty achievement.
12. Surah 8:65..... O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand. (Context of war is belief in Allah.)
13. Surah 5:36-37 (some versions 5:33) ..... The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement, Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Mischief is anything someone wants it to be since it is never defined in the Koran. Also, torture is encouraged)
14. Surah 9:123...... O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard [against evil].
15. Surah 9:29...... Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.
16. Surah 9:30..... And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!
17. Surah 32:60- 62…... If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist, We shall most certainly set you over them, then they shall not be your neighbors in it but for a little while; 61. Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a [horrible] murdering. 62. [Such has been] the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah.
18. Surah 17:16..... If We wish to destroy a town, We allow its privileged hedonists to rule it, then they commit evil in it, then it deserves the punishment, then We destroy it completely.
19. Surah 33:60-62..... If the hypocrites, and those with disease in their hearts and those who spread lies in the city do not refrain, then We will let you overpower them, then they will not be able to remain as your neighbors except for a short while. They are cursed wherever they are found, and they are taken and killed in numbers. This is God's way with those who have passed away before, and you will not find any change in God's way.*
20. Surah 61:4...... God loves those who fight in His cause as one column; they are like bricks in a wall.
MARTYRDOM ASSURES SALVATION
1. Surah 3:157...... And if you are slain in the way of Allah or you die, certainly forgiveness from Allah and mercy is better than what they amass.
a. Another verse that promises salvation for martyrdom for fighting for Allah.
2. Surah 47:5-6...... He will guide them and improve their condition. 6. And cause them to enter the garden which He has made known to them
QUOTES FROM THE KORAN REGARDING WOMEN
1. Surah 2:234...... And [as for] those of you who die and leave wives behind, they should keep themselves in waiting for four months and ten days; then when they have fully attained their term, there is no blame on you for what they do for themselves in a lawful manner; and Allah is aware of what you do.
2. Surah 2:240...... And those of you who die and leave wives behind, [make] a bequest in favor of their wives of maintenance for a year without turning [them] out, then if they themselves go away, there is no blame on you for what they do of lawful deeds by themselves, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
3. Surah 24:2 – 3...... [As for] the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, [giving] a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement. 3. The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and [as for] the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.
4. Surah 4:15..... And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four [witnesses] from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them
5. Surah 4:24....... 24. And all married women except those whom your right hands possess [slaves] [this is] Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are [all women] besides those, provided that you seek [them] with your property, taking [them] in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise. (only unbelievers can be slaves)
6. Surah 2:223…...Your wives are a tilth for you, so go into your tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves, and be careful [of your duty] to Allah, and know that you will meet Him, and give good news to the believers.
7. Surah 2:228…... And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
8. Surah 4:3..... And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice [between them], then [marry] only one or what your right hands possess [a slave]; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course.
9. Surah- 4:11…... Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females;
10. Surah 2:282...... but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses
11. Surah 4:15...... And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four [witnesses] from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.
12. Surah 4:34...... Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and [as to] those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great
13. Surah 4:176...... They ask you for a decision of the law. Say: Allah gives you a decision concerning the person who has neither parents nor offspring; if a man dies [and] he has no son and he has a sister, she shall have half of what he leaves, and he shall be her heir she has no son; but if there be two [sisters], they shall have two-thirds of what he leaves; and if there are brethren, men and women, then the male shall have the like of the portion of two females; Allah makes clear to you, lest you err; and Allah knows all things. (A woman is half a man)
14. Surah 33:50...... O Prophet! [Muhammad] surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses [Slaves] out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who fled with you; and a believing woman if she gave herself to the Prophet, if the Prophet desired to marry her-- specially for you, not for the [rest of] believers; We know what We have ordained for them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess [slaves] in order that no blame may attach to you; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. Surah 24:31..... And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need [of women], or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.
16. Surah 33:59 - "O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known so as not to be annoyed [molested]."
17. Surah 33:55 - "It shall be no crime in them as to their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their woman, or the slaves which their right hands possess, if they speak to them unveiled" A woman may present herself without a veil only to family and slaves.
18. Surah 24:60 - And as for women past child-bearing who do not expect wed-lock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
WEIRD SCIENCE IN THE KORAN
The Sun and sky
1. Surah 91:1+2..... “And the moon when it follows the sun,”
2. Surah 36:40..... “Neither is it [the moon] allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon”
a. The Sun and the Moon are, of course, on different orbits.
b. Even from appearance, the Sun overtakes the moon, evidenced by eclipses.
3. Surah 21:32..... And We have made the heaven a guarded canopy and [yet] they turn aside from its signs.
1. Embryo creation
2. Surah 23:13-14..... Then We made him a small seed in a firm resting place, 14. Then We made the seed a clot, then We made the clot a lump of flesh, then We made [in] the lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, then We caused it to grow into another creation, so blessed be Allah, the best of the creators.
3. Surah 86:5-7.... So let man consider of what he is created: He is created of water pouring forth, Coming from between the back and the ribs.
• I guess Muslims do not study biology. At no time during embryo creation is it not covered with flesh with no bones. Neither is the embryo created between the back and the ribs since the ribs are attached to the spinal cord. Additionally, both the uterus and ovaries are far below the ribs in the lower abdomen. An embryo is not a clot, but an egg. Finally, unlike the metaphorical use in the Bible, Muhammad thought a “seed” was literal.